Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Bertie Brown - Visual Artist, Poet and Musician

Bertie Brown

"As a former professional musician, I have performed on the French Horn throughout Central Pennsylvania for over 30 years. I played in symphonic and chamber groups, woodwind and brass ensembles, opera and theater show pit orchestras, recitals, and educational programs in schools. I am now allowing art to be the instrumental focus of my life. My subject matter include still life, city/land and seascapes, floral work, especially sunflowers and poppies, and the figure. Whether in a still life that includes instruments, a painting of an orchestra, a musical term in a title, or simply a rhythmic flow into and throughout a work, my paintings reflect a love of music and a commitment to combining two creative arts into one cohesive life." - Bertie Brown

We are so happy to have Bertie's original watercolors in the gallery. Next to her work, you will often find an original poem written by the artist that goes along with the painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment