Thursday, February 27, 2014

In The Bank Vault For March and April - Solo Exhibit by Rebecca Lesny

Rebecca Lesny
Watercolors

 
 
"It has been quite a while since I have done an art show or any major display of my work, the reason being that I have fallen in love: with libraries! I am currently a full-time graduate student with Drexel University's iSchool of Information Science and Technology. While at first, when I began my graduate program, I was afraid that I would not be able to paint at all, I have found instead that my drive to become a fully-fledged librarian has lent a great deal of extra fluidity to my work. I now see my work as being a release, a chance to relax and step away form the stress of schoolwork. I absolutely adore working with watercolors and creating new, short narratives with the illustrations I am currently creating. They are meant to be peaceful, contemplative, and indicative of nothing beyond the simple joy of putting a brush to paper. In short, I'm having fun; learning new watercolor techniques and creating different textures with a medium that has a mind of its own. I have found a new balance, one that is all about the structure and order of library life on one side, and the chaotic openness of artistic creativity on the other. I fully believe in the importance of libraries and the role they play in society, and I believe this passion has enhanced, and will continue to enhance, the freedom of visual expression that I have found in working in watercolor, and that is wonderful to me." - Rebecca Lesny
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment